The world’s largest themed shopping mall, Ibn Battuta Mall, is designed around the travel experiences of renowned Arabian explorer, Ibn Battuta. At Ibn Battuta Mall, shopping, dining and entertainment come together with history, culture and the story of a remarkable adventure.
- Welcomes 20 million visitors a year
- Six individual zones designed on Ibn Battuta’s travels – China Court, India Court, Persia Court, Egypt Court, Tunisia Court, Andalusia Court
- Nearly 500 outlets including 150 new stores, restaurants and cafés opened in 2016
Ibn Battuta Mall Expansion
The mall will undergo a massive expansion of 4.7 million sq. ft. in the future. The new complex will feature a 1 million sq. ft. retail component with 766,000 sq. ft. of leasable retail space and over 500 stores, restaurants and entertainment outlets.
- The centrepiece of the extension is a 300,000 sq. ft. courtyard, featuring extensive green landscaping, and a retractable glass roof for year-round shopping and dining
- A new multi-storey car park for 7,000 vehicles
- A second 372-room hotel on the way
- A new, 16-screen cinema and dining complex
- The new expansion will bring the total size of Ibn Battuta Mall to more than 7 million sq. ft.